Kirsten Van Ritzen
These pages list a whole lot of stuff about her career, mostly written in the third person - updated monthly.
- performing in and producing 13 episodes of SHE KILLS ME TV series for APTN http://lessblandproductions.com/
- roles in three scripted plays: a drama THAT FACE, a musical SMALLTOWN A PICKUP MUSICAL, and a comedy THE ODD COUPLE;
- singing in three musical theatre cabarets with GOTTA GETTA GIMMICK;
- several stand-up comedy shows THE SHOWDOWN, TWELVE GAUGE COMEDY, RATFISH SELECT, PHILLIPS COMEDY NIGHT;
- a role in the TV docu-drama DARK WATERS OF CRIME,
- improvising as "Estelle" in 24 episodes of SIN CITY:BEDLAM-BY-SEA, and "Queen Hildegaarde" in the first 7 episodes of SIN CITY:KINGDOM OF THRONES.
- Kirsten wrote a full-length play MAD LADY PEEL.
- and is the Author of the humour novel THE COMEDY DIVA DIARIES http://www.comedydivadiaries.com/
In 2014 she wishes you all the best! and looks forward to:
- producing Victoria's 1st annual Funny Women Festival Feb. 21-23 www.funnywomenfestival.com
- performing in episodes #8-24 of the live improv serial SIN CITY: KINGDOM OF THRONES
- teaching standup and improv workshops
- and whatever other shows and projects come her way...
Kirsten Van Ritzen
8pm Tuesdays Nov. 5 to Dec. 17(and weekly to April 29, 2014) SIN CITY: KINGDOM OF THRONES Hilarious Improvised theatre with a continuing narrative, set in a Medieval Castle - its Once Upon a Time meets Game of Thrones. Victoria Event Centre 1415 Broad Street www.sincityimprov.com
8:00 Friday, Dec. 13 corporate event
7:30pm Sunday, Dec. 15 The 3rd Annual Ho HO HO Show! Festive standup comedy hosted by Kirsten, featuring her fall comedy students and special guest Ryan Bangma.Moka House 1633 Hillside $5 licensed event 19+
8:00 Wednesday, Dec. 18 Temple Comedy standup show 525 Fort $5
"totally hilarious!” "think Carol Burnett with sex appeal.”
“an outstanding performance” “dances and sings up a storm”
“a voice that would have sent Ethel Merman considering a career change”
“vamps with the best of them” “as though Marlene Dietrich had come back to life”
“Van Ritzen can improvise a compelling scene with nothing but a broomstick”
“an effervescent performance” “extraordinary comic repartee”
"impeccable timing" "wealth of talent" "dazzling to watch" “Kirsten Van Ritzen is superb”